St Paul’s C E Primary School
Our Ethos and Vision:
Our motto: “Love to Learn and Shine - Make a Difference!”
“Ut discat amare - luceat - sit amet”
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you; plans to give you hope and a future.”
St Paul’s C E Primary School is an inclusive welcoming family community where we want our children to be confident, creative and independent learners; inquisitive to wonder and explore; form positive relationships and who are resilient within an ever-changing climate of social diversity.
“Be gentle, be patient, be humble, be loving”
We encourage our children to ‘Shine their Light’ with personal achievement to make a positive impact on others by sharing their Christian values and a ‘Love of Learning’ within the local and wider community and to ‘Make a Difference’ to themselves and for the good of others.
‘You are the light of the world……let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works. ” Matthew 5: 13-18
St Paul’s – a happy, thriving learning community where Christian Values are at the heart of our Mission where everyone can ‘Love to Learn, Shine and Make a Difference!’
We have a desire to:
- Inspire and be inspired by others;
- Be excited to learn by being motivated through various experiences;
- Be supported and challenged to achieve potential;
- Celebrate each other’s effort and achievement;
- Develop confidence to make positive and independent decisions;
- Make an active contribution to the wider community;
- Promote peaceful friendship and joy as part of the school family;
- Demonstrate strong servant leadership towards others;
- Be resilient and responsible for own actions;
- Be inclusive and respectful of everyone’s individuality and uniqueness and
- Develop skills of enquiry to contribute to furthering research with advancing technology within a developing world and be successful with a keen aspiration to make a difference in the future.
“Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened for you.”
Luke 11:9 / Matthew 7:7
How did we arrive at our mission and vision?
In Autumn 2018, Mrs Henderson met with different groups of our school community to explore or vision for the school and more importantly the values we consider to be important to achieve this vision. Meetings were held with three groups of parents, Governors, staff and various different classes of children across the school. lease see some images of the work that was carried out.
Each group were given symbols and asked to identify how these represented the child's learning journey? From here they identified important values they felt contributed towards becoming a successful well-rounded and positive, healthy child ready for the next stage of their learning?
Finally each group came up with a statement which they felt summed up their discussions.
Following all of this facilitated work, all the ideas and discussions were brought together and fed within a strong Christian foundation upon which our final Mission and Vision statement has been written.
Please see the slideshow of images during the workshops below and then the power point below that which identifies the process.(scroll down the right hand side of the power point to see each slide)
I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this wonderful document which epitomises the ethos of our happy,vibrant and caring school.
Use the scroll bar to the right to view the whole document