The School is closed except for vulnerable pupils and children of key workers.
We are opening additional places for year 6 children only during Summer 2 term 2020. This will be a phased return from 15th June in small groups considering all safety measures as a priority.Please see the Risk Assessment and Plan below.
1. Government Guidelines
Information for parents and carers
Guidance on vulnerable children and young people
Return to school guidelines for parents
2. How to support children with SEN.
Visual Symbols to help your child express their feelings
3. General Updates:
School is closed except for vulnerable children and those of key workers. If your circumstances change and you require a place in school for your child please email the school office. firstname.lastname@example.org
All Free School Meal pupils should now have received their voucher information. If you have not received this information please email the school office. Information has been sent out to eligible parents who should be receiving these soon
Parents receiving 'Parentmail' are receiving regular updates and information to help and support at this difficult time.
School’s Current Provision
We have been following the guidance from both the Local Authority and the Government and are providing the following provision:
- School is open daily for children who the government identify as being either vulnerable of children of key workers.
- The School day runs, as normal, from 8:50 until 3:00
- At this point, lunches will be provided for the children attending school
- Any child entitled to free school meals will receive a packed lunch available to picked up from the school.
- The school office have a member of staff present daily for any questions or queries
- There is a designated safeguarding lead person in school daily who is able to support with any queries related to safeguarding
- Staff are making phone calls regularly to maintain contact with families and are making contact via the online platforms with children and see if there is any support they need
School Work for the children
- The children received a pack of work before school closed
- Work is being set and monitored weekly by the class teachers using the online platforms
- There are a number of online resources the children have access to that are being monitored by the staff: Purple Mash, Google Classroom
- Further additional resources will be included on each class page on the website, too.
C19 Community Helpline is still open to support residents on 0161 770 7007
The helpline is there to support people of all ages who are isolated, do not have social network and need:
- Urgent access to food
- Urgent access to prescription medication
- Access to critical goods like sanitary product.
For people to receive this offer they need to call the Helpline on 0161 770 7007. This is open from 9am-5pm on weekdays and 11am to 2pm on weekends. This bank holiday we will be operating the 11am until 2pm service.
The Helpline triage the calls into the right support. The Helpline has taken an average of 100 plus calls a day. The busiest day was last Friday where 167 calls were made to the helpline.
Where people require emergency food and supplies they are referred into the Place Coordination Hubs. They work with the Food Distribution (Oldham Foodbank and Action Together) to issue a basic package of food items and other essential such as sanitary products and basic toiletries. The hubs have also been providing back up to the pharmacy model where they have had capacity issues in making deliveries. The hubs are also able to link people to mutual aid, co-ordinate emergency response volunteers and act as a source of local intelligence.
4. Bereavement Support
(please click on the link below for sensitive support relating to bereavement during the coronavirus)
Resources for parents:
Children and bereavement – includes lots of resources for parents and children, including helplines and tips for creating a memory box
Child Bereavement UK
Cruse Bereavement Care
- Children and young people's physical responses to grief
- Children and young people's emotional responses to grief